Monday, March 6
Two quartets at Pro musica: Created in the seventies at Prague Conservatory, the Pražák Quartet has become one of the most renown quartets in the world. They have performed many essential works by Schoenberg, Berg, Beethoven, and Brahms. On the program for this concert: Haydn, Suk, Dvořák, 8:00PM. Théâtre Maisonneuve, Place des Arts, 175, Ste-Catherine West Street, Montreal. $35–65. 514-845-0532. http://promusica.qc.ca
Tuesday, March 7
8:00PM. Maison Symphonique (Place des Arts), 1600 St-Urbain Street, Montreal. From $43. Yefim Bronfman: From Schumann to Stravinsky. 514 842-9951.
Wednesday, March 8
- 1:30PM. Maison de la culture Frontenac (Montreal), 2550 Ontario East, Montreal. $0–2. Music and song from centuries of the Nouvelle-France for kids 6 to 12 years old. 514-872-7882.
- 5:15PM. Joseph-Rouleau Concert Hall – Jeunesses Musicales Canada, 305, avenue du Mont-Royal Est, Montreal. $11–22. Bogdan Dulu revisit the concept of virtuosity in a spectacular way.. 514-845-4108.
- 7:30PM. Redpath Hall, Montreal, 3461 McTavish Street (McTavish Gates), Montreal. $12–18. McGill Baroque Orchestra -Cappella Antica: Redpath Concert Hall, 514-398-4547.
- 7:30PM. McGill University – Salle Pollack, 555 Sherbrooke West, Montreal. $12–18. Alexei Lubi- mov, piano: Salle Pollack, 514-398-4547.
Pentaèdreand the Paris de Chagall: After having lived in Paris in 1910 at the beginning of the First World War, the painter Marc Chagall moved there for good in 1922. At this moment in history, the City of Light is in full artistic bloom. This concert from Pentaèdre is presented in collaboration with the Fondation Arte Musica within the gallery dedicated to the famous painter. As program: Debussy, Satie, Ravel, and Poulenc. Maxim Bernard on piano with arrangements from Olivier Hébert-Bouchard. Salle Bourgie, 7:30 PM. www.pentaedre.com
Thursday, March 9
- 10:30AM. Maison Symphonique (Place des Arts), 1600 St-Urbain, Montreal. From $43. Shéhérazade: 1001 Nights. 514-842-9951.
- 1:30PM. Maison de la culture Frontenac (Montreal), 2550 Ontario East, Montreal.. $0–2. Theater for 7-year-olds and up, 514-872-7882.
- 7:30PM. Church of St. Andrew and St. Paul (Montreal), 3415, rue Redpath, Montreal. $12–18. Grand chœur de McGill 514-398-4547.
- 8:00PM. Maison Symphonique (Place des Arts), 1600 St-Urbain, Montréal. From 43$. Shéhérazade: 1001 Nights. 514-842-9951.
- 8:00PM. Les Violons du Roy –The harpsichordist JeanRondeau performs concertos by Bach’s children, Palais Montcalm. www.violonsduroy.com
Friday, March 10
- 7:30PM. Union Church, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, 24 avenue Maple. $15–20. Concert. 514-457-2388.
- 7:30PM. Redpath Hall, Montreal, 3461 McTavish Street (McTavish Gates), Montreal. $10–15 / $45–65 for complete festival pass. Lisl Wirth Black Box Festival presents the Opera Binge Festival. 514-398-4547. Click here for more information.
Violons du Roy – Jean Rondeau: Already one of the most prominent harpsichordists at 24 years old, Jean Rondeau will join Bernard Labadie in works by Handel and Telemann, as well as two superb concertos by Bach’s sons. Salle Bourgie, March 10, 7:30PM. www.violonsduroy.com
Saturday, March 11
The lyrique event of the Montreal Opera : After a special album in 1979 and a movie in 1982, The Wall, the mythic work created by Roger Waters, is coming in a lyric arrangement from Julien Bilodeau to highlight the 375th anniversary of Montreal. Directed by Dominic Champagne, Another Brick In The Wall represents the destruction of a generation’s dreams. With Étienne Dupuis, Jean-Michel Richer, France Bellemare, Caroline Bleau, Stéphanie Pothier, Dominic Lorange, Marcel Beaulieu, and Cairan Ryan. Director: Alain Trudel. Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier. March 11 to 26. www.operademontreal.com
- 11:00AM, 1:00PM, 3:30PM, 8:00PM. Lisl Wirth Black Box Festival presents the Opera B!NGE Festival, Wirth Opera Studio – Elizabeth Wirth Music Building and various locations around the city, 527 Sherbrooke St. West, Montréal. $10–15 / $45–65 for complete festival pass. 514-398-4547. Click here for more information.
- 4:00PM. Maison de la culture Frontenac (Montreal), 2550 Ontario Est, Montreal. $0–2. Circus Arts for kids 6 to 12 years old. 514-872-7882.
- 7:00PM. Maison de la culture Ahuntsic-Cartierville, 10300 Lajeunesse Street, 1st floor, Montreal. Dans ta tête et six pieds sous terre. 514-872-8749
Sunday, March 12
7 :30PM. Redpath Hall, Montreal, 3461 rue McTavish (McTavish Gates), Montreal. $12–18. Schulich in Concert, Richard Roberts: Redpath Concert Hall. 514-398-4547.
OM – Inspiration and hope: On a theme of hope, Yannick Nézet-Séguin will lead the spectacular Symphony No. 4 by Shostakovich and the Piano Concerto No. 2 by Rachmaninoff, performed by Joseph Moog, named young artist of the year in 2015 by Gramophone Magazine. Symphony House, 3:00PM. www.orchestremetropolitain.com