Toronto, ON, September 22, 2015 (TSX: CGX) – Cineplex Entertainment (“Cineplex”) today announced that Front Row Centre Events is celebrating the 10th anniversary of one its most popular and beloved programs, The Met: Live in HD. First introduced to the world in December 2006, today the series is aired in more than 70 countries and on over 2,000 screens, including 110 Cineplex theatres in communities large and small across Canada.
“For 10 years, The Met: Live in HD has made world-class performances accessible to millions of people across the globe and the team at Cineplex looks forward to bringing many more years of groundbreaking events to Canadians,” said Brad LaDouceur, Vice President, Event Cinema, Cineplex Entertainment. “We’re always shopping the world of entertainment for the most exclusive events that put moviegoers front row centre to the on-screen action – from opera and concerts, to classic films and eSports.”
The Metropolitan Opera launched its very first broadcast with Julie Taymor’s production of The Magic Flute 10 years ago, so to celebrate this special anniversary Cineplex’s Front Row Centre Events will host an encore performance of Mozart’s classic opera. Ticket costs for this single encore performance will be only $10.00 each.
The 2015/16 season of The Met: Live in HD kicks-off on October 3, 2015 with ten live broadcasts including the six new productions and four returning audience favourites. This season’s full line-up includes:
- October 3 – Il Trovatore (Verdi) at 12:55 p.m. ET
- October 17: Otello (Verdi) – New Production at 12:55 p.m. ET
- October 31: Tannhäuser (Wagner) at 12:00 p.m. ET
- November 21: Lulu (Berg) – New Production at 12:30 p.m. ET
- December 13: The Magic Flute (Mozart) – Special 10th Anniversary Encore Presentation at 12:55 p.m. ET
- January 16: Les PÊcheurs De Perles (Bizet) – New Production at 12:55 p.m. ET
- January 30: Turandot (Puccini) at 12:55 p.m. ET
- March 5: Manon Lescaut (Puccini) – New Production at 12:55 p.m. ET
- April 2: Madama Butterfly (Puccini) at 12:55 p.m. ET
- April 16: Roberto Devereux (Donizetti) – New Production at 12:55 p.m. ET
- April 30: Elektra (R. Strauss) – New Production at 12:55 p.m. ET
For more information about the series, including trailers, participating locations, and a complete schedule of Cineplex’s opera season, including encore performances, visit www.cineplex.com/opera.