This 24-hour course is based on a hands-on approach for solo and ensemble musicians.
By the end of the course you will understand the basic principles of recording studios, mobile studios and sound systems.
It’s your chance to gain experience, the tools and confidence to create your own solo demos!
Do you love handling techno equipment?
Do you like putting theory into practice quickly?
THEN THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU! *
The CAMMAC Music Center is pleased to offer sessions on recording. For one week, participants will have an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the basic principles of making a recording, sound and production:
- The basic physics of sound and the principles of electronics
- Different kinds of microphones
- Recording instruments: strings, winds, percussion, voice
- Mixing: effects, echo, reverb, compression, etc.
- Synthesisers: an overview of MIDI programming
- Digital recording, analogue recording
- Live sound production
June 7, 2019
3 sessions ** offered in summer 2019. Maximum of 6 participants per session.
Session 1 : 23 June – 30 June
Session 2 : 21 July – 28 July
Session 3 : 28 July – 4 August
Information and registration :
12 years and older. No experience required.
Registrations must be made by email or phone.
**CAMMAC reserves the right to cancel the session if the required number of participants is not reached.