This week, the Ontario government extended and tightened restrictions for everyone in Ontario. Unfortunately, these new restrictions mean that concert halls remain closed to audiences and now we also are unable to have artists or production staff creating livestreams. This is a profoundly disappointing blow to all of us at The Royal Conservatory and to our artists who were so looking forward to performing.
The Conservatory had had to postpone and reschedule all concerts and livestreams for the next 28 days, as follows:
21C MUSIC FESTIVAL
- The Glenn Gould School New Music Ensemble: FLIPBOOK: Music and Images originally scheduled for January 15, 2021
RESCHEDULED. Free public online concert on Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 8pm.
- ARC Ensemble: Marc Neikrug’s A Song by Mahler originally scheduled for January 16, 2021
RESCHEDULED to Saturday, January 15, 2022
- Soundstreams Presents Garden of Vanished Pleasures originally scheduled for January 22, 2021
- 21C Cinq à Sept: Eve Egoyan originally scheduled for January 23, 2021
RESCHEDULED to Saturday, January 22, 2022
- Angèle Dubeau & La Pietà originally scheduled for January 23, 2021
RESCHEDULED to Thursday, October 28, 2021
- Morgan-Paige Melbourne originally scheduled for January 24, 2021
RESCHEDULED to Sunday, January 16, 2022
- Kronos Quartet on Film: A Thousand Thoughts originally scheduled for January 26, 2021
RESCHEDULED to Tuesday, January 18, 2022
- Kronos Quartet with students from The Glenn Gould School: Fifty Forwardoriginally scheduled for January 28, 2021
RESCHEDULED to Thursday, January 20, 2022
- Kronos Quartet – Music for Change: The Banned Countries originally scheduled for January 29, 2021
RESCHEDULED to Friday, January 21, 2022
2020.21 SEASON CONCERTS
- The Glenn Gould School Concerto Competition Finals originally scheduled for January 20, 2021 – CANCELLED
- The Glenn Gould School Vocal Showcase originally scheduled for January 30, 2021 – RESCHEDULED: Free public online concert on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 7:30pm.
- Nicholas Angelich originally scheduled for January 31, 2021 – CANCELLED
- Maple Blues Awards originally scheduled for February 1, 2021 – ONLINE EVENT at www.TorontoBluesSociety.com
- Mariza originally scheduled for February 4, 2021 – RESCHEDULED to Thursday, January 27, 2022 – BONUS: Mariza’s 2019 Koerner Hall concert will be broadcast online on Feb. 4, 2021 for ticket holders.
- Jeremy Denk with Les Violons du Roy originally scheduled for February 5, 2021 – RESCHEDULED to Sunday, March 6, 2022 3pm
- Taylor Academy Showcase Concert originally scheduled for February 6, 2021 – CANCELLED
- Makoto Ozone Trio and Youn Sun Nah originally scheduled for February 6, 2021 – RESCHEDULED to Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Jacqueline Woodley & Rachel Andrist: In the Words of Women originally scheduled for February 7, 2021 – POSTPONED. New date to be announced.
- Víkingur Ólafsson originally scheduled for February 7, 2021 – RESCHEDULED to Thursday, January 13, 2022
The Royal Conservatory will provide further updates regarding concerts scheduled in the next few months as soon as possible. For more information, click here.