Thanks to all who donated to La Scena’s Singing Valentines. And thanks to our singers: Chantal Dionne, Raphaelle Paquette, Marie-Claire Fafard-Blais, Wah Keung Chan, Simon Fournier et Marie-Annick Béliveau for volunteering their time and voice. We are also available to deliver a song over the phone for birthdays and mother’s day.
La Scena Musicale presents Singing Valentines!
This Valentine’s season, for the cost of a bouquet of flowers, offer a unique valentine!
For a $30-$70 donation, you can provide your loved one with the Romantic experience of a lifetime. On February 14, trained singers will personally telephone your amour (friend, husband, wife, parents, sister, brother or children) and sweetly serenade their favourite love song into the receiver, all in your name!
STUDENT SPECIAL: minimum donation of $20
“C’est la 3e année que je l’envoie à ma mère. Elle adore recevoir ce coup de téléphone musical (…).” – Paule Barsalou
“Marie-José a été enchantée de le recevoir. Merci, Étienne, ton appel a ensoleillé sa journée. / Marie-José was delighted to receive it. Thanks Étienne, your call brightened up her day.” – André Dupras
“I ordered a romantic duet for my fiancée the week before our wedding. Little did I know, she had ordered one for me, too! We were both so pleased to hear the beautiful music over the phone. It is such a happy surprise. I think this is the start of a lovely Valentine tradition for us…” – Sasha Dyck
“My wife was very delighted to receive it, and, subsequently, so was I!” – George King
“Sang quite beautifully, good deal, and we really appreciate it.” – Kevin Super
Our performers will be offering you the following love songs:
Wah Keung Chan, tenor:
February 14th, 9 AM to 5 PM
- Morgen (Richard Strauss) (Listen) (Text)
- Che gelida manina, La Bohème (Puccini) (Listen) (from Interview)
- My Funny Valentine (Rodgers & Hart) (Listen) (Text)
- Deh vieni alla finestra, Don Giovanni (Mozart) (Listen)
- Ich atmet’ einen linden Duft (from Rückert Lieder, Mahler) (Listen) (Text)
- Love Me Tender (Vera Matson & Elvis Presley)
- La fleur que tu m’avais jetée, Carmen (Bizet)
Simon Fournier, baritone (website):
February 14th from 12 pm to 4 pm
- Clair de lune (G. Fauré)
- Net, tol’ka tot, kto znal (P. I. Tchaikovski)
- Chanson des vieux amants (J. Brel)
- Come again (J. Dowland)
- Ständchen (F. Schubert)
- Some enchanted evening (Hammerstein)
- Dis, quand reviendras-tu (Barbara)
Dino Spaziani, baritone:
February 14th from 7 am to 4 pm (cancelled due to illness)
- Je t’aimais, je t’aime et je t’aimerais (Francis Cabrel)
- You are so beautiful (Joe Cocker) (Listen)
Chantal Dionne, soprano (website):
February 14 (10 AM to 5 PM)
- O mio Babbino Caro, Gianni Schicchi (Puccini)
- Si mi chiamano Mimi, La Boheme (Puccini) (Listen)
- Song of the moon (Dvorak)
- Jardin d’amour (Vuillermoz)
- Phidylé (Duparc)
- L’invitation au voyage (Duparc)
- La vie Antérieure (Duparc)
- When I have sung my songs to you (Charles)
Raphaëlle Paquette, soprano (website):
February 14th, from 5 pm to 8 pm
- Cheek to Cheek, Le danseur du dessus (F. Astair et G. Rogers)
- Heure exquise, La Veuve joyeuse (F. Lehar)
- La vie en rose, E. Piaf
- I got rhythm (Gershwin)
- Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)
- Quand on n’a que l’amour (J. Brel)
- I could have danced all night, My Fair Lady
- Let it be (The Beatles)
Marie-Claire Fafard-Blais, soprano (website):
February 14th, from 10 am to 3 pm.
- Au bord de l’eau (Fauré)
- Dans les ruines d’une abbaye (Fauré)
- Du bist die Ruh (Schubert)
- Si mes vers avaient des ailes (Hahn)
- Clair de lune (Debussy)
Marie-Annick Béliveau, mezzo-soprano (site web) :
February 14th, from 12:30 pm
Mon coeur s’ouvre à ta voix – C. Saint-Saens
If music be the food of love – H. Purcell
Chanson d’amour – G. Fauré
Intorno all’ido mio – A. Cesti
Wie Melodien zieht es mir – J. Brahms
Rossignol de mes amours – F. Lopez
My Funny Valentine (Listen)
Don’t delay, as spots for this incredible offer are limited. Don’t make your special-someone miss out on this opportunity! Valentines can be sent in Canada and the US by telephone or anywhere in the world by Skype!
To book a song and singer for February 14th, please use one of the following methods:
- Phone: 514-948-2520 x3, ** We are taking your calls until 4 PM on Feb. 14 at 514-948-2520 x3! **
- Email: email@example.com,
- Online: make your donation via PayPal using the following link and add your details in the box “Add details for Singing Valentine”: suggested amount $30-$70: http://bit.ly/SVDonVar
All donations will benefit La Scena Musicale and will be gratefully acknowledged with a tax receipt.
- The idea behind the Singing Valentines: Listen to Wah Keung Chan’s interview with Stan Asher (Feb. 12, 2011).
- Interview with Stan Asher (Feb. 8, 2014).
- Interview with Mike Finnerty, CBC Daybreak, Feb. 12, 2015 (includes excerpt of Che gelida manina)
- Interview with Barry Morgan, CJAD, Feb. 13, 2015 (includes excerpt of Che gelida manina)
- Interview with Stan Asher (Feb. 6, 2016).
- Feedback on Singing Valentines 2017 (in French)