Edmonton, AB – On Friday, May 21 and Saturday, May 22, 2021, six string players from across Canada will vie for the $8,000 top prize in The Shean Strings Competition and the opportunity to play with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra at a later date.
Due to COVID-19, the Competition will be held virtually this year with competitors submitting videos for the adjudicators to watch. Competitors’ performances, if we are given permission to share them, will be posted to our website and social media after the Competition and the results announced. (see attached programme information)
This year’s competitors (with hometowns in parentheses) are:
- Luka Coetzee, violoncello (Calgary, AB)
- Hannah Corbett, violin (Vaughan, ON)
- Gabrielle Després, violin (Edmonton, AB)
- Jacques Forestier, violin (Edmonton, AB)
- Russell Iceberg, violin (Old Snowmass, CO)
- Emad Zolfaghari, viola (Oakville, ON)
The adjudicators for this year’s competition are: David Hoyt, Chair; Erika Raum, violin; and David Stewart, violin.
The results of The Shean Strings Competition will be posted on our website and social media at 7:30 pm (MDT) on Saturday, May 22, 2021.
For more information, please visit www.sheancompetition.com.