#_EVENTTYPES placeholder matched
#_EVENTCLASSIFICATIONS placeholder matched
Date(s) - 01/03/2020
Jeanne Lamon Hall
Tafelmusik, Ivars Taurins, Tafelmusik Chamber Choir, Earl Haig, Unionville Secondary Schools, Cynthia Smithers
Created by Alison Mackay in collaboration with Suba Sankaran (voice, percussion) & Trichy Sankaran (mridangam, kanjira, solkattu)
Choirs from Earl Haig & Unionville Secondary Schools
Members of Tafelmusik Chamber Choir
Ivars Taurins, conductor
Glenn Davidson, lighting designer
- The latest in Alison Mackay’s unique cross-cultural collaborations for Tafelmusik, with their complex examination of the intersection of music and political and social history.
- Did you know: the word “jeans” comes from an old English version of “Genoa,” the Italian port city where clothing was made from indigo-dyed cotton.
- Experience the classical South Indian music of world-renowned master drummer Trichy Sankaran and his daughter, world/fusion vocalist Suba Sankaran (Autorickshaw).
Join us one hour before each concert for a free pre-concert chat with program creator Alison Mackay.
- Corelli Concerto grosso op. 6, no. 1
- Lully Excerpts from Psyché
- Street ballads from England, France & Italy
- Classical music from South India
Classification of ensemble/soloist