#_EVENTTYPES placeholder matched
#_EVENTCLASSIFICATIONS placeholder matched
Bliss, grief, delight: experience a kaleidoscope of emotions with 18th-century music that will open your heart and mind.
Curated and directed by Elisa Citterio, this concert is a microcosm of our season theme, “Passions of the Soul.” In their quest to awe and inspire, 18th-century composers strove to describe the desires of the soul and touch the hearts of listeners with poignant and captivating music.
This program takes you on a winding journey, visiting the peaks and valleys of the emotional landscape: from the grandeur of Lalande’s Chaconne—inspired by the magnificent fountains of Versailles—to Locatelli’s mournful Sinfonia Funebre, and Telemann’s suite “La Bourse,” an irreverent depiction of the roller-coaster of emotions experienced by investors in the stock market.
Please note: single ticket purchasers will be able to re-access this concert for a full 48 hours after the original broadcast time. You can revisit your ticket link, contained in your confirmation email, to watch until November 28, 2020 at 7:59pm EST.
Please note that the original broadcast date of October 22 has been rescheduled to November 26. Ticketholders will be contacted by email regarding this change. If you have a ticket and haven’t heard from us, or have specific questions or concerns, please reach out to the Box Office by email at [email protected], or by phone at 1 (833) 964-6337.
- Jean-Marie Leclair Ouverture to Scylla et Glaucus*
- Giuseppe Tartini Concerto for violoncello in A Major*
- Pietro Antonio Locatelli Sinfonia Funebre*
- Michel Richard de Lalande Chaconne from Les fontaines de Versailles*
- Johann Christoph Pez Orchestral suite in D Minor*
- Johann Sebastian Bach Concerto for 3 violins in D Major, after BWV 1064
- Georg Philipp Telemann Suite in B-flat Major “La Bourse” (The Stock Exchange)
*First performance on the Tafelmusik stage
Date(s) - 26/11/5202
Tafelmusik, Elisa Citterio
Classification of ensemble/soloist