#_EVENTTYPES placeholder matched
#_EVENTCLASSIFICATIONS placeholder matched
Date(s) - 14/11/2019
Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra
Take a peek into Bach’s and Handel’s libraries to discover a new gem by Lotti alongside music by the masters themselves.
- This is the first time Tafelmusik has performed a work by Antonio Lotti with its highly charged emotional palette, solemn and exuberant by turns.
- Soloists for this concert are all selected from within the ranks of Tafelmusik’s world-famous Chamber Choir.
- Did you know: Missa sapientiae means “Mass of Science” or “Mass of Wisdom,” an unusual title for a baroque mass that speaks both to its learned and transcendental character.
Join us one hour before each concert for a free pre-concert chat with Tafelmusik alto Kate Helsen.
- Lotti Missa Sapientiae
- Zelenka Agnus Dei II, from Litaniae Lauretanae, ZWV 152
- Zelenka Sanctus – Benedictus – Osanna – Agnus Dei, after Palestrina, ZWV 36
- Zelenka Dona nobis pacem, from Missa dei Patris, ZWV 19
- Bach Gloria, from Mass in G Minor, BWV 235
- Bach Suscepit Israel puerum suum, after Caldara, BWV 1082
- Bach Sanctus in D Major, BWV 238
- James Rolfe Kadosh / Santus / Holy (2019) – World premiere
- Handel Nisi Dominus & Gloria Patria, from Carmelite Vespers
Classification of ensemble/soloist